One of the things that our market is struggling with currently is high demand and low inventory. However, this area does have pretty distinct seasonal market variation. The majority of homes sold are sold between March and August in this area. Good news if you're struggling to find something now! People are more likely to list in the Springtime than any other time of year so you will start to see more inventory become available. Some reminders if you're currently looking and a little frustrated by the competiveness, especially in lower price points:
1. Work with an agent who knows what they're doing! Don't lose your dream home because you're working with an inexperienced or laxidaisical agent.
2. Get out to see homes as they come on the market...the day they come on the market.
3. Get pre-approved so if you find your dream home you're ready to pull the trigger.
4. Understand the market in your price point prior to house shopping.
5. Use competitive offer strategies (see previous article "Tips for Winning in Multiple Offer Situations")
And finally have your need and wish list hashed out ahead of time...if there are two people in the buying process make sure you're on the same page. Nothing destroys marriages faster than bad house hunting experiences;)
Happy Spring House Hunting!
Author:Sarah Rowan Phone: 970-397-5774 Dated: February 6th 2015 Views: 459 About Sarah: Sarah was a licensed real estate agent for 10 years before transitioning into the mortgage industry ...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
Matt and Sarah have been in the mortgage/real estate industry for a quarter century of combined experience. We are passionate about the industry and are on the cutting edge of development for loan programs and real estate knowledge. We would love the opportunity to earn your business!
Interest rates are at 7 month lows!!!That's a conversation no one
We wanted to thank you from the bottom of our hearts for all of your help and dedication through out our home loan process!!
You were so very patient and answered every question. We appreciate the way you made yourself available to us at every turn! You showed your self helpful above and beyond. We love our new home and are so grateful that you made this experience a wonderful one. We would (and HAVE!) recommended Loan Simple and you, Matt to anyone! Thank you again! "