One of the things that our market is struggling with currently is high demand and low inventory. However, this area does have pretty distinct seasonal market variation. The majority of homes sold are sold between March and August in this area. Good news if you're struggling to find something now! People are more likely to list in the Springtime than any other time of year so you will start to see more inventory become available. Some reminders if you're currently looking and a little frustrated by the competiveness, especially in lower price points:
1. Work with an agent who knows what they're doing! Don't lose your dream home because you're working with an inexperienced or laxidaisical agent.
2. Get out to see homes as they come on the market...the day they come on the market.
3. Get pre-approved so if you find your dream home you're ready to pull the trigger.
4. Understand the market in your price point prior to house shopping.
5. Use competitive offer strategies (see previous article "Tips for Winning in Multiple Offer Situations")
And finally have your need and wish list hashed out ahead of time...if there are two people in the buying process make sure you're on the same page. Nothing destroys marriages faster than bad house hunting experiences;)
Happy Spring House Hunting!
Author:Sarah Rowan Phone: 970-397-5774 Dated: February 6th 2015 Views: 455 About Sarah: Sarah was a licensed real estate agent for 10 years before transitioning into the mortgage industry ...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
Matt and Sarah have been in the mortgage/real estate industry for a quarter century of combined experience. We are passionate about the industry and are on the cutting edge of development for loan programs and real estate knowledge. We would love the opportunity to earn your business!
Interest rates are at 7 month lows!!!That's a conversation no one
"Matt and the crew at Loan Simple are very knowledgeable and easy to work with. We received feedback from friends and family that buying our first house was going to be a difficult process, but that couldn't be further from the truth in my experience with Loan Simple. They quickly and clearly helped us get the loan we needed and made the entire process a breeze. Hats off to everyone at Loan Simple!"